Have you ever responded to an ad for a carpet or tile and grout cleaning and had the company come and do the job were thoroughly disappointed? I think we all have at one time or another. How do you sift through all those carpet and tile cleaners and make sure that you are going to get a good one? I would like to share with you several things to consider in making this important decision.
- Never just pick a carpet and tile cleaning company based on a coupon!
- Bigger is not always better.
- With a bigger carpet and tile cleaning company you might get a better price and you might not.
- Someone has to pay for all that advertising they do and it is normally you.
- They just give you the small price and wait to bump up the price once they are in your house. It’s called bait and switch!
- The bigger carpet and tile cleaning companies have high turn over and do not always have the time to train the person properly. You now have a person that is coming to your house with little to no experience and normally the person that is in charge has been with the company for less than a year.
- A stain that could normally come out is set permanently from not using the proper chemical to remove it.
- Corners are cut! Example on cleaning a tile floor, if you use acid on the wrong tile or if it were to over-sprayed onto your stainless steel appliances you will etch the surface and it is ruined. The bigger carpet and tile cleaning companies don’t want to take the chance so they use an alkaline that is safe and only does half the job! But wait a minute you paid for the whole job.
- Never fall for a price that you can’t believe is true. No one is going to clean your carpet for $38.00 for a whole house or for $6.95 a room and expect that they are going to give you any kind of job. For $6.95 a room they might vacuum. Well that is a form of carpet cleaning! Oh you wanted me to clean your carpets with water and soap well then it will be $30-40 dollars a room. $38 for a whole house that is without soap and they will over-soak your carpets and leave them worse then they were before if you don’t go for the bump. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!
- Find a reputable business?
- Ask a friend or neighbor if they liked the job of the carpet cleaning company that they used.
- Call the Better Business Bureau to see if they have had any complaints!
- Ask about their methods of carpet cleaning up front.
- Do they vacuum first it’s the most important part of you carpet cleaning!
- You need to remove the surface dirt before you can clean the carpets properly.
- Do they move furniture and if so do they charge more for it?
- Do they neutralize the carpets after using soap? You don’t want your carpets to be dirty again a week later.
- If they are cleaning your tile and grout do they use an alkaline as well as an acid to finish if able to be used on your ceramic or porcelain floor.
In closing most good carpet cleaning companies do very little advertising. Word of mouth is the best source of new business and they realize it. Therefore, that company is going to do a better job because that is how they are going to get their next job. I hope this article will help you in finding a good Ft. Myers carpet, tile and grout cleaner.
Make it a Great Day!
Mother Hubbard’s Carpet Cleaning
We clean it the way your mother would want it!
This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 4th, 2009 at 1:26 pm and is filed under General Information. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site